We are expecting a busier Flu season than normal. With Flu, RSV, and Strep Throat cases on the rise please keep your children home if they are ill. Your children should stay home if they have or have had:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher within the last 24 hours. (Must be fever free without medication for 24 hours prior to returning to school).
- Vomiting or Diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
- Symptoms that make it hard for your child to participate in school such as frequent coughing, headache, body aches, fatigue, earaches.
- Strep Throat- must be on antibiotics for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
Please help stop the spread of illness by:
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue, use your elbow or arm if a tissue is not available.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water.
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching the “T” zone (eyes, nose, and mouth)
- Do not share food or drinks.
Contact the School Nurse with any questions.
Megan Patrick, RN
910-790-2355 ext. 74905