Benefits of joining the Masonboro PTA include:
- Becoming a member of the North Carolina PTA and the national PTA, the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy organization.
- Building relationships with the principal, staff, teachers, and other parents, who are all working to improve the educational experiences of our children.
- Obtaining access to the national PTA members-only website, which includes a wealth of information regarding legislative issues affecting children, parenting articles, and resources.
- Obtaining access to the national PTA Member Benefit Program, with providers offering discounts to PTA members. Providers include AT&T Wireless, Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Kinko’s, and more.
Last school year, your Masonboro PTA provided the following funds:
- $10,000 Technology ( 9 data projectors and 9 mimeo boards)
- $3,100 for new library books and materials
- $2,000 for Student Celebrations/Programs and Cultural Arts events
- $4,800 for student field trips
- $4,200 for Instructional Materials for teachers and staff
- $2,000 for Grounds Beautification
- $600 for a Student Directory for every family
- $5,200 for Words Their Way (phonice program)