Masonboro Elementary School
Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
3518 Masonboro Loop Road
Wilmington, NC 28409
All Masonboro Elementary students are encouraged to participate in the PTA Reflections Arts Program. The theme for 2022-2023 is “Show Your Voice!”
For more than 50 years, the National PTA organization has offered its Reflections art contest to provide opportunities for student recognition and access to the arts that boost student confidence and success. In order to make this contest available to Masonboro Elementary students each year, the PTA relies on volunteers to run the contest and line up a panel of qualified judges from within our local community with expertise in their respective categories to evaluate student entries.
Students express themselves around the required theme through one of the following arts categories:
Students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may also enter under the Special Artist Division to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program.
All students participating in the Masonboro Elementary Reflections competition have a chance to win awards from the PTA for each of the entry categories. Participating students also will receive recognition by the Masonboro Elementary PTA via certificate of participation, a Reflections art display in the school building, PTA communications and other potential means.
Category winners in our local-level Masonboro Elementary contest also will have the chance to move up and compete at the New Hanover County Council PTAs, North Carolina PTA and National PTA competition levels.
Students and parents should review the documents in this section to ensure that all requirements are met prior to entering the contest
Please click here to view the form in Spanish.
Reflections Entry Rules:
After following the Reflections entry requirements provided above, students should follow the steps below to submit their Reflections entries to the Masonboro Elementary PTA by the November 4, 2022 deadline.
1. Download our Student Entry Form (Spanish)
2. Complete the student information section on the form: Please do not alter the pre-filled PTA section at the top of the form. Electronic signatures are allowed.
3. Photograph your work: If your student’s work is in a tangible, physical format (i.e. a painting or sculpture) rather than digital, you will need to photograph the student’s work.
4. Submit Digitally: Email the entry form and a digital copy of the artwork (or a photograph of the work as described in step 3) to email@example.com. Put the student’s name, teacher’s name and grade in the email subject line.
5. Submit Tangible work: If your student’s work is in a tangible, physical format (i.e. a painting or sculpture) rather than digital, please deliver it to Masonboro Elementary on November 4, 2022 between 7:15 AM – 9:00 AM. Students may deliver their own artwork if desired. Make sure your child’s name is on their project. If your student’s work is in a digital format only, you may skip this step.
Both physical and digital artwork will be displayed at Masonboro Elementary at our Reflections Gallery Night on December 13, 2022
Please send all questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need one or more parent volunteers to help with the 2022-2023 Reflections Art Contest for our school this year. Parent volunteers will work to publicize the contest to students, accept delivery of entries, organize a judging panel to review entries, and recognize contest winners. Volunteer to be on the 2022-2023 Masonboro Elementary PTA Reflections Committee.